Dear ADVAC Alumni, ADVAC lecturers and other interested participants,
We are pleased to announce the next ADVAC Alumni meeting via Zoom webinar, the details of which are as follows:
Date: Tuesday, 6 December 2022
Time: 15:00 to 17:00 CET (Geneva time)
Topic: One Health: does it work? The example of monkeypox
The agenda of the meeting is as follows:
- Joris Vandeputte, International Alliance for Biological Standardization
- Kamel Senouci, ADVAC
Welcome and introduction
- Joris Vandeputte (5 mins.)
- Update on the animal monkeypox (disease, epidemiology/outbreaks, prevention): Yoshi Nakazawa, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (20 mins.)
- Update on the human monkeypox (disease, epidemiology/outbreaks, prevention): Brett W. Petersen, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (20 mins.)
Panel Discussion (30 mins.)
- Joris Vandeputte
- Jean-Marie Okwo-Bele
- Brett W. Petersen
- Yoshi Nakazawa
- Panel Questions:
- Did we use the adequate strategy to interrupt the human outbreaks?
- Was the collaboration between veterinarians and medical doctors successful?
- How to increase performance of early warning systems for early (potential) pathogen detection on animal and human side?
- What are the challenges for One Health for monkeypox and other human-zoonotic diseases?
- What are the perspectives for a better collaboration under the One Health umbrella?
General discussion and questions from the audience (45 mins.)
Should you wish to attend this important webinar, you can register directly by clicking on the following link:
We do hope that you will be able to join us.
With best regards,
Dr Philippe Duclos