Dear IABS Colleagues,
Another highly successful year has passed, and I am so pleased with all the activities of IABS. At the same time, I am looking forward to 2020 and am especially delighted with the activities around the planning for our 65th anniversary and the celebration and Global Health Scientific Conference we will have in Lyon in late February. If you have not seen the meeting materials I encourage you to check them out on our newly formatted conference website: https://65.iabs.org
In addition to the 65th Anniversary milestone, 2020 is looking to be a year that will be very important for IABS:
- Our Executive Director will celebrate his one-year anniversary in the position and will continue to build on accomplishments related to expanding IABS outreach and key contacts.
- We will continue the work with our consultant, Co-influence and IABS stakeholders and collaborators to strengthen our financial strategies.
- At the last Board of Directors meeting, complimentary membership was authorized for Committee Members and Conference Attendees; further expanding our network.
- Website improvements and member communications via our website will further promote both external and internal communications .
- The Member Only section of the website continues to be enhanced, providing one of the key benefits for joining IABS as a member.
Another initiative that has been a part of recent conferences relates to the importance of interacting with Low and Middle Income Countries (LMIC) as part of IABS efforts to promote scientific and technical advancement of biologicals at the global level. The LMIC classification derived form a grouping based on WHO regions and World Bank income categories. In addition, at least two of our collaborators have indicated that outreach to LMIC is a requirement for collaborative funding and LMIC participation in our meetings and conferences is expected. At an upcoming meeting, the Board of Directors will be conducting a review of our Mission and Objectives with this new requirement in mind. We welcome your input into this discussion and if you have any thoughts or suggestions related to the review, feel free to contact me or any Board member. A link to our current Mission and Objectives is include here for your convenience. https://www.iabs.org/about-iabs/missions-and-objectives
These are just a few of the exciting things that are on our horizon. Thank you all again for your commitment and energy for IABS in 2019, and I wish you the best in this holiday season and the start of the new year.
DVM IABS President