IABS is administered by a Board of Directors, comprised of 15 members, 5 of whom are elected every 2 years for a term of 6 years.
The Board meets twice a year. It determines the general policy of the Association, defines the topics to be addressed, supervises the activities conducted by the Committees.
The Board delegates the day-to-day operationsto the Executive Committee and to the other standing committees:
- The Scientific Committees, responsible for the organization of scientific conferences;
- The Alliance Development Committee (ADC), in charge of building working relationships with governmental, non governmental, and commercial organizations that have an interest in biologicals.
- The Publications Committee, responsible for defining and implementing the Association's policy with regard to articles and proceedings published in Biologicals.
- The Strategic Advisory Committee provides its advice to the Board. It is conducting a broad continuing review of the Alliance's mission, competitive position, opportunities, and identifying initiatives and/or changes in direction that should be undertaken to benefit the Alliance.
- The Individual Advisers to the Board
- The Institutional Advisers to the Board